Monday, February 27, 2012

Manic Monday...

Why do Mondays seem like the busiest day of the week? For us, it's a hurried get-up-and-go kind of morning, as we rush off to work with mom.  Also known as "the gym".  I'm ever the little busy bee, so putting together creative attire is fitting my mood just right. This is lesson #101 on how to transform a less than desirable dress. There are times when you recieve gifts of clothing that just aren't quite your style. Here I've chosen a dress that has a denim overall bib with courdoroy print skirt, that makes me look more like the farmer's daughter and less of the Suburban child I am.  When you are faced with this dilema, just cover it up with a cute sweater or top, and turn that dress into a skirt.

A long sleve pink tee, embellished with a tulle flower on the front is a simple choice to cover the country girl overall look. With only the printed skirt showing, I'm feeling ready to explore my artistic side. I love layering in the winter- Navy leggings are an obvious choice, but with the cute little sparkley buttons at the ankles, it shows just a touch of bling. Brightly colored striped socks, cranberry mary-janes, and a chambray headband, finish off my eclectic style.

As The Bangles have said "It's just another manic Monday." Off to art class. Toodles, CC





No comments:

Post a Comment